Matt Oswalt hails from Portland, OR, and focuses on the intersection of network infrastructure, automation, systems, and software engineering. He’s passionate about enabling engineers to evolve their careers to the next level, and sharing the bright spots that exist within the technology industry with the masses.
I do everything in Github, so my profile will offer some good insight into the things I’m working on. Some highlights:
- I created and help maintain the Antidote project, which powers NRE Labs
- I worked as a core developer on the StackStorm event-driven automation project for a few years, and still contribute when I find the time.
- I started a project called ToDD which performs distributed network testing. It’s suffering from a bit of neglect at the moment, and I’m hoping to have some time to get back into it and restructure things.
Speaking Experience - Highlights
A brief summary of some of my speaking engagements, with special emphasis on instances where public recordings are available:
- Introduction to NRE Labs at Open Source Summit EU 2019 (I also gave a version of this talk earlier in the year at the North America location)
- Introduction to NRE at INOG::10
- NRE Labs at Network Field Day 20
- Network Automation and Verification at NFD17
- Three Traits of NRE (Juniper Video)
- NRE at Open Networking Summit
- Open Source Summit NA 2019
- PyOhio 2015: “Network Automation with Ansible and Python”
Not recorded, but also:
- Interop 2019:
- Interop 2016 which included three separate talks:
- “Test-Driven Network Automation”
- “The Network Revolution is a Lie”
- “DevOps-Centric Networking at eBay” (I was working for eBay at the time)
- Interop 2015: “Practical Network Automation Workshop with Ansible and Python”